Friday, December 27, 2013

A short tribute to a wonderful woman

Five years ago, on December 27, Chris' mom, Janet, passed away after battling cancer.
She never met my youngest daughter. But what many people don't know is that little Libby was conceived in the wake of Janet's passing.

I like to think, for many reasons, that Libby was given to us as a reminder that life goes on, that surprises will come at you no matter how well you plan your life, and when it all comes down to it, your family is what matters. I believe Janet believed all of this and more.

I loved my mother in law. I was blessed with one of the good ones. She welcomed me with open arms, she cared for her family with everything she had to give and she made her kids and grand kids smile.

I hope she knows how much she meant to me. I hope she knows how much Chris and I miss her and wish she was here to see our family...her family...grow. I have faith she can see us from where she is. I'm sure she has some definite opinions on decisions we have made and how I wish I could get her sound advice on some things at the center of our minds and hearts.

Instead, I will cherish the short time I knew her. Thank you, Janet, who, with Steve's help, raised a beautiful, kind, loving man who I have the privilege of being married to while on this Earth. 

You are missed and You are loved.

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}