Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy birthday to Kee! :)

 
Yesterday, we celebrated Keely's 11th birthday a few weeks early. We are headed to South Carolina this week and it's an 18-hour drive {gasp!} so we thought Keely would appreciate her iPod, which was her big gift this year.

I have to admit...as soon as she opened it, I thought to myself, "Well, there goes another child...lost to electronics." ;) A little melodramatic, yes, but I know there is a little bit of truth in that sentiment. Connor told me this morning that it wouldn't be long until I lost him too. Lovely.

Anyway - we had a nice day at the lake. Pete, Peter, Mom, Maura & Jake celebrated with us and we all enjoyed a sunny afternoon with each other. I think she was a happy birthday girl - she received some really nice and thoughtful {and some funny} gifts.

We are very blessed to be able to spend days like this with family. I wish Matt and Laurel were closer, but we will be seeing them soon too!

I'm sure I will post something else on her OFFICIAL day - June 27 - but still, happy early birthday to an incredibly sweet and kind young woman.

:)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}