Thursday, May 9, 2013

"MOM!!! Did you just SAY that??"

Clear the room of little eyes. This is BAD stuff. Bad shhhtuff.
 
A great day for the park after school. Driving home, just talking with the kids about their day. All is good. Contemplating where to go for dinner tonight {after all, Chris is in KC all week...so when the cat's away, the mouse doesn't always want to cook}.
 
All is good. Stopping at a red light. No biggie. Hanging out, just waiting for it to turn green.
 
AND THEN...
 
 
ALL OF A SUDDEN...
 
OUT COMES THIS PUNK KID {she was probably 20 and yeah, I call that a KID}, completely OBLIVIOUS to MY right of way {on the street} and her need to yield {coming out of a parking lot}.
 
Seriously, kid? Are you really trying to cut me off? Really?
 
I don't know what came over me. I was momentarily taken over by someone else. A rude, profane individual...it wasn't me.

After all, I have three of my kids in the car. Set an example, for God sakes, Tracey.
 
NOPE!
 
Out of NOWHERE - UP goes my middle finger and the words "F*** YOU!!!" come out of my mouth! LOUDLY!!!
 

I mean, really, WTH? Who AM I??
Instantly, I regretted it. Keely looks at me with amazement, bewilderment, confusion...
 
WHY, MOM, WHY DID YOU SAY THAT????

Connor: "Mom, what does "F***" mean? Why did you say that word?

I stammer. Try to think FAST - super fast!
 
"I didn't say "f***"--- I said BUCK, but don't say it unless you are talking about money...
 
Connor: "Or buck teeth? Keely has buck teeth!"

Kee:; "No I DON'T!!"
 
Me: Trying to regain composure, control, SOME semblance of the real ME..."Connor, stop making fun of your sister."
 
Keely, still aghast by the entire thing, stares at me like I have a third eye.
 
I just want to crawl into my skin. Seriously, I lost it for that moment in time.

It can only mean one thing:


...
...
...
 
Don't get in my way and cut me off when I'm driving.
 
I, apparently, am a mean son of a bitch!

{SORRY!!! LANGUAGE, TRACEY, LANGUAGE!!!}
 

;)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}