Thursday, September 6, 2012

Welcome, Fall! :)

Who cares that the temperature read about 96 degrees today and that being outside still feels like stepping into a sweltering oven?


It is officially September, so I can officially declare it time to WELCOME FALL!

Another simple, easy wreath. The wired brown ribbon is 2.5 inches by 10 yards and it only cost me $6.99. Score. I am, for whatever reason, into owls this year, so I thought the addition of the owl below made for a perfect fall wreath.


 

I purchased the berries and leaves but separated them and after cutting them, individually placed them under the ribbon, making sure to bend the ends first. {This is done to avoid ripping the ribbon with the cut wire.}





Flashback to high school, when, as an employee in a gift shop, I learned how to make the bow below. Nice fall touch with the leaves pattern.



Done. Cooler temperatures are sure to result, right?






1 comment:

Elisa B said...

I sure hope this brings on fall weather ... SO READY!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}