Saturday, June 30, 2012

Treasures found everywhere...

For the better part of 6 months, I've been searching for an end table for our TV room. I've searched Locust Street Marketplace and Bebe's Cottage {two local favorite places} as well as more antique stores than I care to count. I've looked at the Lawrence Flea Market and I've look at the conventional stores too, to no avail.

I know what I'm looking for, and I haven't found it. It's out there, so I'll keep looking. One of the places I check into somewhat regularly is Goodwill. I seek out items that I can refurbish, repaint, redo! Today, I was there and although I didn't find a table, I did find an upholstered chair that, upon recovering, would look awesome in our basement.

And for a price of $7.99, I should have gotten it. It had great bones and would look incredible with some new upholstery. But I passed on it. Another day.

I did, however, stumble upon some nice home accents that cost me a whopping $14 total.

The first piece that caught my eye was a print for $7.39. REALLY? The frame is really what caught my eye. I like the detail of it. It measures a nice, large 24x24 inches and is already hung in our bedroom.

I may choose to change the print, I may not. But for that price, I can do just about anything I want. 
 


Next in line is this hammered copper bowl - $2. Perfect for a centerpiece on a side or sofa table. I like the color and, again, the detail on the bowl. 


Lastly, I stumbled upon these candleholders. Heavy iron, these won't need any DIYing...they are perfect as is. I think they were $2.99 each.


Another view of the frame is below. Love it. It just goes to prove that treasures are everywhere - sometimes in the places you would least expect them.

Time to find a place for my new accent pieces!
Where do you find deals on items for your home?
Do you frequent flea markets, garage sales and antique stores? 
Remember, one person's trash is another person's treasure!
:) 


No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}