Sunday, June 3, 2012

10-day blogging challenge. Day 5.

Day 5: Six things you wish you had never done.

Happy Sunday, everyone. Today has been a 100% lazy day thus far. Keely didn't even wake up until 10am. Literally, at one point, Chris, Abby and I were all reading on the couch while Libby, Keely and Connor were playing a game. It was almost surreal. A rare, quiet moment. Fleeting, yes, but nice when it took place. 

But I digress. Today, I am to write about 6 things I wish I had never done. Wow, this one is hard. For many reasons. Does it sound cliche to say that everything that has happened to me has shaped the person I am and therefore I can't "wish" anything away? Can I take that approach? :) Perhaps not, but I'm not sure I can think of 6. I'll try. In no particular order:


1. I wish I hadn't told Chris I didn't like a camera he had spent months researching for me less than an hour after I opened it one Christmas morning. True story. I wanted a particular camera. I got a different one. I didn't hold back when expressing my disappointment. I instantly regretted it when I saw how hurt he was. Stupid lesson learned. I'll never do it again. 

2. I wish I hadn't neglected to listen to my dad in high school - apparently, he knew a thing or two about the guy I was dating. ;) That's all I will say on that one. But I learned a whole hell of a lot, and that counts for something ... no, that counts for a lot. 

3. I wish I hadn't passed on the opportunity to play more sports in high school. I just think sports are good for kids and I should have played more. 

4. I wish I hadn't stopped singing. I love singing. Loved singing in a choir, loved singing in Rome after college. I wish I hadn't stopped. I know, I can do it again, but it all seems a little more difficult now with all the kids' activities. 

5. I wish I hadn't spent the first few years of my married/mommy life spending beyond my means simply because I wanted my kids to have the cutest clothes. Seriously. I just bought more than I should have. I've grown wiser. My kids are no less cute. Our bank account, however, is considerably larger now. Hmm, funny how that works. ;)

6. Let's see...what else? I wish I hadn't waited so long to begin a business of my own. :) Ok, this one may be a little bit of a cop-out, but I really can't think of anything else. And it happened when it was supposed to happen. Everything fell into place as it was supposed to. I take this as a good sign. 

I've been one very lucky woman - great family while growing up, supportive siblings and parents, a loving husband and wonderful kids. I don't have a whole lot of regrets. That makes me pretty darn happy.  

Up next: is Day 6: Five people who mean a lot {in no particular order}. This one will be easy. :)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}