Friday, June 1, 2012

10-day blogging challenge. Day 3.

Day 3: Eight ways to win your heart.


TGIF! I love Fridays. Who doesn't? My weekend is starting off with lunch with my mom and sister - something we don't do nearly enough. Ok, so Day 3 challenge is to write 8 ways to win my heart. Funny how this has changed as I get older, have kids & seem to have less time for myself. This list would probably have looked much different before kids, before even being married, but that's what's great about it. 

Here goes, in no particular order:

1. Clean the house. {Well, this one may ACTUALLY be #1. I live in a house with 5 other people, but many of those people {three younger ones, in particular} would probably live in filth if I let them. :) Yes, clean the house - pick up your room, vacuum the stairs, empty the dishwasher, do your laundry WITHOUT being asked, and you will indeed win my heart. 
2. Surprise me with a cup of coffee. :) Nothing fancy. I love coffee with cream and iced Americanos with cream. Show up with one of those and you have won my heart. 
3. Tulips. Favorite flower. Any day. Any time. 
4. Say you're sorry. I'm not a grudge holder, but it doesn't settle well with me when you've been hurtful or mean and you proceed to act as if you have done nothing wrong. Own up to your mistakes and let's be done with it. 
5. Be honest with me. This goes hand in hand with #4. Seriously, what is accomplished when you aren't honest? Not much. Enough said. 
6. Let me sleep. This, most likely, applies to my immediate family, but hey, you never know. Sometimes I like to sleep while OTHERS care for things around the house. I love napping & what I team "back to bedtime" in my home. :) 
7. Let's go on an impromptu trip. This doesn't happen very often - too much to plan with 4 kids and all the activities - but when it can happen, it's awesome. 
8. Tell me that I make a difference in your life. This is probably universal, but I'm adding it anyway. We all need accolades. They never get old. :) 

So there you have it. Day 3 completed. 
Up next: Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot. 

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}