Tuesday, May 22, 2012

As if you haven't seen enough photos of my kids...

There's this thing called Instagram that I recently downloaded to my phone. I know, millions of people have had this app for a lot longer than I have, but I just got it and have begun taking the most random photos of my kids and, well, everything about them.

Surprised, aren't you?

Seriously, though, who invents this stuff? Overnight I have become a master photographer, capturing images of them scooting, looking at me, smiling, eating, playing. You name it. And then there are the photos of their shoes, their fake tattoos, their t-shirts, their hair, EVERYTHING.

And it all looks super cool on certain settings. Seriously, I posted a photo of Connor's SHOE, for heaven sake.

I tell myself it's so I can capture the moments forever, but is there even a way to get the photos from Instagram into, say, this blog, which IS, truthfully, supposed to be the stories of their lives that I keep forever and ever?

{Who has time for baby books, people. I have 4 kids. They each have a special memory box in their room and they each get stories written about them for them to pass on from generation to generation. It's the best I can do!}

If there is a way to get those Instantly AWESOME Instagram photos on here, I don't know it. But perhaps I should look into it. Till then, I'll continue "WOWing" myself with my obscure  - but oh-so-professional-looking photos of Libby's finger, Abby's eyebrow, Keely's nails and Connor's shoe. I know you can't wait to see them. I promise to share them on their blog...if I ever learn how!

I wouldn't want to keep you from seeing what a stellar photographer I am. Hell, with that app I can take a photo of a rock and it can look somewhat cool. 

Wish I'd invented it. ;)
 

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}