Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The 10-day blogging challenge

Hi all - Earlier today, I stumbled upon a really cool challenge on a local photographer's blog. The photographer's name is Melissa Sigler and her photos are incredible. That aside, I loved reading about this challenge she is doing and told her I was thinking of completing it myself. 

Each day, for 10 days, she is posting a blog note about a given topic. Topics are listed below. I love stuff like this. I love it because it kinda makes you stop and think about some things for awhile. You know, not just JUMP IN with any old answer. These are some thought provoking questions, and I thought it may be a good addition to the kids' blog here. After all, looking back on this blog {which we will do for years to come}, it will be nice to know a little about what I was thinking, doing, feeling, etc. at this point in my life. So, the topics are:

~~~~~~

Day 1: Ten reasons you love your job.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself.
Day 3: Eight ways to win your heart. 
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot. 
Day 5: Six things you wish you had never done. 
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot {in no particular order}.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons. 
Day 9: Two emotions that describe your life right now. 
Day 10: One confession.

~~~~~~ 

Aren't those super cool? Some easier to answer than others. But still, I'm game. And it gives me something to write about and if you know me, you know I love that! :)

I hope you consider joining me in this 10-day blogging challenge. Don't be shy. You may learn a thing or two about yourself or someone you know & love. :)

Here goes. Day 1: Ten reasons you love your job. In no particular order. 

1. Every day I train, I am inspired by someone I'm working with. My clients work extremely hard and I get to witness them push through personal barriers, physical limitations and more. They inspire me.
2. I get to try new things every day. Nothing is ever the same one day to the next. Variety IS, after all, the spice of life.
3. I answer to no one but myself. :)
4. I make my own schedule every day.
5. I get to meet new people all the time through clients, workshops, health fairs, etc.
6. I am able to justify purchasing a whole SLEW of fitness equipment & fun toys that otherwise would be considered frivolous. {YAY!} :)
7. I am happy - happier than I've ever been as a working professional. Let's put it another way - IT SIMPLY DOESN'T FEEL LIKE WORK!!
8. I'm able to spend more time with family.
9. When else are you paid to yell at someone? {HA!}
10. Fitness is a passion and I get to share that passion with everyone I meet. 

Enjoy your day! :)



2 comments:

Melissa said...

love it!

Amy said...

love this idea! Can't wait to read each day!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}