Thursday, May 31, 2012

10-day blogging challenge. Day 2


Hey all - How is everyone? Today I opted to take the kids to the library - you know, that place that has BOOKS!! It seemed like a good day to do this. My goal? To get us signed up for the Summer Reading Program, to get them away from the computer, and, on the way home, to get me an Iced Americano {simple pleasures, right?}

Anyhoo, all was ok until we decided to leave. Libby wasn't ready. She made everyone - E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E. know this. Joy. Needless to say, the coffee was put aside {but the day is still young} and we hightailed it outta there! 

Oh yeah, and the computer thing? My kids were on the library computers as soon as they had chosen their books. Nice. I DID manage to get the three older kids, as well as myself, signed up for the Summer Program. So it wasn't all for naught. 

OK OK - Onto Day 2: Today I tell 9 things about myself. I admit, I asked my kids to help me with some of this. Is that cheating? :) Here goes:


1. I love vacations. This one is compliments of Connor. I asked him to tell me something about me, and this is the first thing he said. Such a smart boy. 
2. I love quiet time. Another one from Connor. Man, he IS smart!!!
3. I run a lot of races. This one's from Keely. Haven't run many lately, but I'll take this one as a compliment. Thanks, Kee! :)
4. According to Abby, I'm a wee bit obsessed with home renovations, home remodeling, home decorating, home rearranging, etc. She's right. I think I've been this way for as long as I remember. I used to rearrange my room when growing up. I repainted my parents' kitchen when I was in high school - just because I wanted to. Yeah, I love this stuff. Love re-purposing old things, by first making them look awesome {or at least I try}. 
5. I cry at Hallmark commercials. Who can resist? I mean, "when you care enough to send the very best..."
6. I would love LOVE to have another baby. No, this isn't a misprint. It's true. I hated being pregnant, but heck yeah, I'd do it again.
7. I can be very impatient. Chris, although he didn't offer this as a list item, would agree 110%. He, thankfully, is very patient. It's like a yin and yang thing, I guess. 
8. I have a bad temper. Not something I'm especially proud of, but it's true. It's gotten better, or the task of calmly counting to 10 has helped me some, but I can still fly off the handle. Watch out. 
9. I hate flying on planes. Hate it. Plane smell, altitude, turbulence. It gets my stomach churning just thinking about it. Ugh. 


Ok, so that's it. Learn anything you didn't already know? 
Up tomorrow: Day 3: Eight ways to win your heart. 

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}