Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly

Today was crazy hair day at school. Fun, right? Silly, right? 
Not so much if you are Connor. 

All morning - "Mom, lets spike my hair for crazy hair day." Unfortunately for Connor, his recent haircut made that somewhat hard to do. It's too short. 

But I found green hairspray.
Fun, right? Silly, right? 

Good God, you would think I was asking Connor to cut off his arm the way he was carrying on and on about being scared. Scared? Of hairspray? 

Now, a part of me said "Walk away, Tracey. Who cares if he doesn't want to paint his hair? What is the big deal?"

That part of me should have yelled a little louder, but it didn't, so it was trumped by the other side of me that said "For God sakes, let me paint your hair. This is ridiculous! Why are you CRYING about this?"

Etc. Etc. Etc. You get the picture. 

Connor practically cowering away from me as I {{GASP!}} take the spray to his {{GASP!}} head and place a {{GASP!}} green lightening bolt on his head. 

Today, I admit, was not a shining moment for me as a mom. But like this post says...it's all about the good, the bad AND the ugly. 

And no, Connor's hair wasn't ugly. Rather, it was his mother's insistence on spraying it green. 
Crap. Live and learn. And then apologize to the little guy. 

...
...
...

But really...scared of green hairspray?
I hope to God I'm not the only one who listens to the "other" voice, even though I shouldn't.

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}