Saturday, January 14, 2012

Valentine's Day with Libby's old clothes!

It feels like Christmas just ended. Well, I suppose it did just end. Still. It's about time for me to pull out the Valentine's decor...I thought I would try another one of the rag wreaths. I really like how they turned out for Christmas. 

The best part of this project? It cost me $0. 
I used clothes that no longer fit Libby, and because a lot of them are pink, red, or fuchsia, the combinations of patterns looked great together and very "Valentinesy" - yes, that is a word!

So, easy as can be. Pick your fabric(s). I think the more patterns, the better. I used about 6 on my wreaths. 

Then cut away. The more, the better!



Take your wire hanger that you have molded into a circle, and begin tying the fabric around it. No pattern here, just tying away, some pieces short, others long. Some cut skinny, others not.



Then, ask your model to pose with the finished product! :)



Voila! Done. I made two for our kitchen windows. 



See how all of the patterns work together? I love it! :)







Now...onto the mantle! :)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}