Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Time to decorate the mantle for Valentine's Day

I love craft paper. No, I love all sorts of paper. I actually think I may have to admit that I have a problem - whenever I see good quality paper - for cards, decorations, gifts, etc - I have a hard time walking away. 

I'm the same way with ribbon. Thick, thin, holiday-specific or not, I love ribbon as an accent, a decoration, an accessory. :)

I don't know when I picked up this pack of specialty papers, but they came in handy today as I was pondering what to do with the mantle for Valentine's Day.

Still being budget conscious, I opted to avoid going to a craft store and instead, again, used what I had on hand.

Using my handy heart-shaped cookie cutter and a specialty paper cutter, I began my "easy-for-anyone-to-do-even-the-kids" mantle decoration.


After cutting the number of hearts and circles I needed, I simply adhered them to the pink ric-rac ribbon I had in my stash! :)


I thought about taking down the "E" but got lazy and decided it was fine as is. 


Simple and easy, I think it did just the trick. Happy Valentine's Day! :)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}