Sunday, November 13, 2011

Third time's a charm - foam wreath


I'm a sucker for a bargain. And this beautiful ribbon was 51 cents {as in CENTS} for the brown and white and a whopping $1.43 for the teal. 

I'm pretty much a traditionalist when it comes to holiday decorating, so teal and brown took me out of my comfort zone. And I was liking it, until I realized I didn't know how to adhere the teal and brown ornaments to the wreath. 

So I chickened out and started over. 


Using some of the leftover yarn I had from the copy cat Christmas trees, I opted to try something a little more traditional in color...but still different than any other wreath I had done. 


I have a newly-renewed love for raffia!! :) Not only does it look pretty, it also serves as a great way to 1. hide wire and 2. hold ornaments closer together. 


The finished product is simple, but I love it. The ribbon was another awesome find at $1.43/spool. Can I say how much I love the clearance section of Hobby Lobby? :)


Just a closer look at the ornaments mixed with the raffia...love it! :)
Chris helped me with this one...originally, I had less ornaments and he encouraged me to add more. 
He was spot on!


So, now I have all of this blue decor, and I did create some wreaths, but I'm not sure I love them, so I will probably start those over again too! :) Till then, I hope you have had a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}