Sunday, November 6, 2011

The long-awaited room makeover :)



First, we started off refurbishing an antique desk I got for $35!!! SCORE! We took it from a neutral white to a VERY bright teal. The girls helped, and we had a great time. I think they really enjoy this kindof stuff. 

Which I love. 


Here are the before pics of the room. I'm almost embarrassed to post these. But check 'em out!


CAN WE SAY MESSY?



Ok, to to say that the girls' room was a disaster is quite the understatement. Too much stuff, too little space and the desire to have a more "grown up" room was their request.

So, they saved some money and we went to work. They chose the color (I'm a KU fan to the core, so it took some convincing to choose the color of the in-state rival - PURPLE. But - their room, their choice).


Purple paint - Home Depot - $100
**We bought Behr Paint and Primer in One - One coat covered the green - AMAZING. While this is great, it also means I have an entire gallon of purple paint that hasn't been opened, so if you need some paint, let me know!**
Zebra chair - Walmart - $30
Wipe board - Garage sale - $2
Ribbon for board - Hobby Lobby - $6
Paris print - Hobby Lobby - $13
Vase & flowers - Hobby Lobby - $8

To say I love how it turned out would not do my feelings justice. The teal, coupled with the purple and zebra prints (another of the girls' choices), looks awesome. A touch of color in the way of flowers or pillows complements the room well.

And I was a little skeptical when I began. But I love the way it looks. 


I really like how the beds turned out. They look great and I think the black and white adds just enough POW!

Comforter sets - Walmart $60 each


They also have a bathroom and that, too, was in need of a makeover. Chris and I contemplated pulling the linoleum and sink...but the OTHER bathroom upstairs needs our attention first, so we opted to stick with accessories and paint to update this bathroom.

I think it turned out great. 
Wastebasket - Zulily - $12
Shelf - repainted $0
Polka dot box - Hobby Lobby - $6
Glass cotton ball and Q-tip holders - Dollar Store - $1 each


Light fixture - Home Depot $19
Mirror - Already had - $0
Decals - Hobby Lobby - $8



And here they all are...all smiley. Abby, Keely, Connor, Libby and yes, Lizzy. 
The girls really love it. This makes it all worth it. 
I had such fun. It was our own "REVEAL" moment. 


So...what to do next? 

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}