Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

So I know there are more than 25 days until Christmas, but I was just playing around...We had this leftover plywood that was begging to be painted, so I painted it and got myself from wonderful vinyl letters to place on it (and it's a pretty big piece - I think it measures 18 inches wide by about 3 feet tall), but I plan on hanging it in a place that the kids can change the countdown each day. 


Simple and easy - adhere the vinyl to the wood, and grab yourself some chalkboard paint...and go to town. Love chalkboard paint...now I'm contemplating a calendar in the kitchen, but that's for another day. 



Although I'm liking it, I'm not sure if I'm done with it...seems it may need some more, but for now, I'm leaving it. I'll leave it for a few days and come back to it. Maybe some ribbon? Ornaments? We will see. 


1 comment:

Elisa B said...

I love love LOVE this idea! I'm going to ask Eli if we have some leftover chalkboard paint at church that I can "borrow" a small amount of! Super cute!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}