Thursday, October 27, 2011


Happy Thursday! Today, we are two days away from the annual 5K run/walk that the gym where I works hosts for a local chapter of Habitat for Humanity/Women Build. 

Each year, planning this event gets easier and easier, but each week prior to the race, there is no way around it - I am going here and there and everywhere, trying my best to get things done in time - Did I remember all the sponsors? Did I pick up the ribbons and trophies? Do we have enough volunteers? Are we going to earn enough money for the organization? Are the runners happy? Who's getting the cones? Who's picking up the food? Do we have enough tables? Yada yada yada...you get the picture. 

In the end, it works out. The race goes off without a hitch and participants are happy to have contributed to a greater cause. :)

I did, in the midst of the craziness, make time to create something fun for my nephew, Peter. He turns 5 on Halloween and he's getting a treehouse from his mom and dad! How cool is THAT? So, being who I am, I called my sister in law, and laughingly asked her, "Is anyone getting Peter anything to decorate his treehouse?" Of course. Kids think treehouse. I think opportunity to decorate! :)

It was nothing fancy...just a sign that my girls had outgrown. So Connor and I painted it red (Peter's favorite color, which is the reason Connor chose it) and I personalized it. Easy. But I'm so excited to give it to him. 

Such a sweet little boy, Peter. I wish him a year of every happiness. Can't wait to see that treehouse.


1 comment:

maura said...

good luck with the WOW run this weekend! I know it'll turn out great - you always do a wonderful job organizing it :)

Peter is gonna *love* that sign! fun idea!!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}