Saturday, September 10, 2011

Super easy, personalized baby gift


I am co-hosting a baby shower with some friends tonight, and I thought it would be a nice idea to get baby Solomon something a little personalized. This project is super easy AND, as an added plus, super easy to CHANGE if the colors I have chosen don't coordinate with Solomon's room.

Background paper and ribbon can be changed in no time, making the gift something that can grow and change as he does. 

My hot glue gun has become one of my favorite things - it works perfectly to adhere the letter to the glass. Simply cover with something heavy, like a book, to ensure that the letter has ample time to adhere itself to the glass. 


The end result? Something home made just for Solomon. 

That's pretty cool, I think. Personalized gifts are the best! :)



3 comments:

Lauren: ) said...

SO cute, Tracey!! I'm pinning this on pinterest right now: )

Tracey English said...

Thanks, Lauren! :) I love making little things like this!

Lauren said...

Ummm, hello cuteness! I think my daughter's room could use one of these. Thank you for such a great idea. Stopping by from TCB's linky party.

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}