Sunday, September 25, 2011

Spooks for the mantel!

I really can't believe how much I want to pull out the Halloween decorations this year. Until last year, I really didn't care about Halloween - I wanted nothing to do with the ghosts & goblins, but my oldest got me hooked...what can I say? 

This is a project I saw on another DIY blog. I thought these two pieces would look awesome on our mantel. But I haven't gotten the rest of the decor out yet...we've had a rather busy weekend and I prefer to decorate the house uninterrupted, so I will wait to put these out. 

Still. They were fun to make. Thank goodness I don't like candy corn. That could have been trouble!


So the first part - actually the whole project - was super easy & cheap - two things I love. I love to start and finish a project with ease and some speed. It's how I am. The easier, the better. :)


Can't wait to get these placed on their permanent home for the next month or so. Happy fall!! :)




No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}