Friday, September 16, 2011

 These lovely flower canvases are ones I made for my oldest {I think} after visiting family. My brother-in-law had done some for my niece {which, I think, were much nicer than mine} and I thought I'd try to do the same. 

Truth be told, I've never really liked how mine turned out, but owell. I left them. Until now. 
I thought it seemed to be the perfect time to shake things up. 

I'm crazy like that. And I'm impatient. So, once I knew I wanted to change them, I knew I wanted to change them RIGHT NOW!

Another super easy project that took little to no time {because who really has time?}
The same can be done with any new canvas...choose the size, choose the fabric and WOW, instant new artwork for your wall!

Thank goodness I had my little helper {who, in this shot, is posing after drawing chalk all over her face}.

She is just so amused by her mom's crazy craftiness, I can tell. 



Completed and on the wall in Miss Libby's room. Total time from start to finish was 20 minutes {not including the exorbitant amount of time spent choosing fabrics, but still...not too shabby...}

SIDENOTE - Now, I'm itching...ITCHING...to paint the walls a nice subtle grass green...



Another idea? Take 4 pieces of wood & make your own larger framed piece of "fabric artwork," like I did in our TV room. This is a large wall and needed a relatively large piece on it. Choose a favorite fabric & become one with the staple gun, stapling the fabric to the wood. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone! We've got three volleyball games and a SUPER DUPER fun birthday party for Libby Lu!! :)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}