Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today, I was at work and a friend of mine and fellow instructor/trainer, Elisa, gave me a little sweet treat.  How nice is that? :) And the reason? She saw it and thought of me. :)
Awww.
One thing is for sure - she knows me well. Fall scents already fill my home and I am CHOMPING at the bit to decorate for fall...But I refrain...until September 1. HA!


This simple gesture got me thinking that it TRULY is the small things we do for people that can sometimes have the biggest impact. And for that, and for friends like Elisa, I am grateful. 

So thank you, Elisa. You really made me smile. And your lovely gift fits perfectly on my desk. And yes, as you can see, it's already lit. 

So - question - when is the last time you did something nice and unexpected for someone you care about? 



1 comment:

Elisa B said...

You have no idea how much this post made my day! = ) So glad to bring a smile to a friend's face ... have a great day yourself, Tracey!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}