Friday, August 12, 2011

So I mentioned earlier that I love TJ Maxx. Seriously. I do. I go there sometimes just to get away from the CHAOS of home, and usually, if not always, come out of there with a home accessory that suits me to a tee. :) Here are a few of my recent finds. 

Oh yeah, and a complete sidenote. I think subconsciously I want to work as a professional DIYer. Then other times I want to work as a professional fitness blogger. Still other times I want to blog about my kids. Yes, I'm all over the place. But that's ok...right? 

Ok this lovely star was a whopping $7.00. Looks awesome on the mantel, but for now, it sits on our kitchen hutch because I don't want to put it away and our mantel is full with other finds. 


Now I haven't ever had an itch to decorate with BIRDS, but these seemed to call to me. Clearance $2.00 each. Yes, please. They are also on the hutch, perched at the top. 


These mason jars, above and below, were an instant YES! Reduced from about $40 each (whatev) to a mere $7 and $9, I was hooked. They reside on the shelf nestled above our pantry in our kitchen.


And below, the mantel finds. The Blessings block - $1.99, thank you very much. The ceramic pots, $6/each (there is one on each end of the mantel.) Oh yeah, and the fake grass inside? A $5.00 find from Target. LOVE. 


My last one? I can't remember if this framed piece was Hobby Lobby or TJ Maxx, but I DO remember its price...$12.00 please. Oh yes, I'll find a spot for you, too. 

I'm sure there are more, but these are some I really love. Funny how such little things can make a house a home. Makes me happy. Got a TJ Maxx by you? Check IT out!!!

2 comments:

Elisa B said...

I need to remember to shop there more often! I keep looking around my house and feeling like I have had the SAME THINGS up for a long time. Not so great at thinking up ideas to decorate, so maybe I need to head there for some inspiration! Or, maybe I just need you to come over and give me ideas! = )

Tracey English said...

Elisa - They have some great items and they are so affordable, which I love! :) Im happy to shop with you any time!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}