Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sandwich Sunday Success~

Sometimes, I admit, figuring out what to do for Sandwich Sunday stresses me out. I have a picky 5 year old and let's face it, sometimes it's easier to let him just have the basic PB&J than to fight him on trying something new. 

So yesterday, as I was grocery shopping, I called (who else?) mom to ask about some ideas. Two in mind - Philly cheese steaks and open faced Italian subs. The Italian sub won - it was easier. 

Sometimes, I'm lazy like that. 

So, the recipe is super easy and FAST - two words I LOVE when it comes to whipping out a meal. 

1 Italian loaf of bread, sliced in half. 
Glaze with a little olive oil and garlic. 
Place in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. 

Take out, add toppings. If Chris had been home (softball, of course. Some things never change) I would have gone all out - mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc. But nope. So we opted for a basic cheese with turkey pepperoni.

Place back in oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts & bubbles. 
DONE! Voila! Success!


No, Connor wouldn't even try it. Whatev. He had a ham sandwich. Owell. His loss. 
I wonder what's on the menu for next week???


No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}