I don't know what got into me this weekend...but I like it!
1. Redid my boring white lampshades with Keely's help!! WOOT WOOT! (See http://englishhawks.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-first-lampshade-redo-easy.html)
2. Cleaned ALL bathrooms - a feat in and of itself
3. Caught up on all laundry - 6 people = a LOT of laundry
4. Dusted and vacuumed TV room, upstairs AND our bedroom - buh bye, dust bunnies!
5. Swept and mopped front hall, kitchen and basement
On top of that, I got Abby her athletic shoes, ordered some more Christmas presents, finally went grocery shopping and picked up some paint samples for the girls' BIG renovation!!! (See http://englishhawks.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-endearing-sweet-talking-money.html)
I like this productive-me! I could get used to it. Unfortunately, so could my kids, who watched television and/or ran outside with friends the whole time I was cleaning around them.
Not once, did I get a "Hey, mom...do you want me to help you with something?"
Owell, nothing's gonna bring me down today! I accomplished much...and to top it off...ALL THREE OF MY OLDER KIDS GO BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!
Can I get an "Amen!" please?
(Knowing me, in no time I'll be complaining about four days of volleyball practice/week for the girls, which also begins tomorrow. Or I'll drone on and on about Youth Nights on Wednesdays and how the kids have no down time anymore...)
But not today. Thank you very much! :)
Time for Sandwich Sunday for DINNER! YAY!