Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lunch? What's lunch?

For the last week or so, Chris and I have not been eating well...or much at all. Seems the dinner hour has been a wee bit hectic for whatever reason and as a result, the kids eat (something) but we don't eat till after our {class at the gym, work meeting, kids' activity...fill in the blank} and many times, that isn't the best thing to do. 

Especially if, instead of eating a balanced meal, you eat, say, a bowl of cereal {me}, a bag of lite popcorn {Chris}, cheese slices {me}, or something else at 9pm. 

Not good. For moods. For health. For anything. 

So, in trying to eat better {and strangely enough, more} I've joined my friend Natalie on a quest to eat a better meal, drink more water, and essentially, FUEL my body. 

Seems it should be easy, but {enter your own reason here}, I'm a mom who eats when I have time, if I have time, and instead drinks more Iced Americanos than I care to admit. But hey, at least its just espresso and water instead of SUGAR, right? 

Not so much. I can't live on Americanos. I'm still trying to deal with this. 

SOOOOO - today, I created a meal that I may see on Natalie's tremendous, inspiring blog. Whole wheat Wasa bread (2 slices = 5 grams of fiber), tuna (2oz serving = 13 grams of protein), a slice of Swiss cheese (because I love em) and a Roma tomato (because I love those too!)


Of course, her photography skills are much better. But I thought of her when I prepared my meal, so I thought I'd try to capture an image. 

Now, I'm off to complete some work from this morning. Water in hand. Americano nowhere to be found {at least until I take Connor to a birthday party later. Then I'll pick one up at the drive-thru!}

Hey...baby steps...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Great combo...yum!!! Maybe this way we'll both be in better moods ;)

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}