Monday, August 22, 2011

A bottle? A bottle's what did it for me today?

Back to School 2011


I love these kiddos. They were so excited to go back to school. Libby even got caught up in the action, insisting on wearing her OWN backpack for the photos!


As always, trying to get "the perfect shot" of all 4 at one time served to be fruitless. Libby looks like she's taking care of some business, for heaven sakes! Owell. You get the picture!


And look at this big guy...all ready for kindergarten. He was a little nervous, but not too bad. He hung up his backpack, gave his sisters and me a hug and was off. See ya at 3pm, buddy!


So why, may you ask, is the bottle in the blog? I don't know. I really don't. It's been in our cabinet for months now...Libby doesn't use them anymore. Yet, I haven't gotten rid of them. They still sit in our cabinet, as if they are going to be used again. 

Clearly, they are NOT. 
Maybe that's why it's in the blog. 
I am never going to have another baby. And truth be told, I think I would. 
This, unlike kindergarten, is an ending for me, I suppose. 

Time to move on to the world of toddlerhood and sippy cups and potty training and the "Terrible 2s." Time for shorter naps and less cuddling and writing on the walls (or furniture, which appears to be her preference) with markers. 

So, no, I wasn't sad about seeing Connor off today. 
Because Connor is SOOO ready for this. 

I'm just not so sure I'm ready to say goodbye to ALL of it. 
But I think the dusty bottles in the cabinet are telling me that the time has come. 

Anyone with an infant need a babysitter? :)


1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love these pictures of the kids. Priceless :) You make motherhood look like a blast!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}