Friday, July 22, 2011

A yummy meal...for some...

Herb & mushroom risotto. 
Baked chicken with herbs.
Garden salad & fresh rolls. 
Iced tea.

Sound ok to you? Good. I'll have YOU over for dinner next time. 
I'm kicking the kids out of the kitchen.

Risotto? 
"What's THAT?"
"That smells weird."
"Why is it that color?"
"Why didn't you make white rice?"

Baked chicken?
"It's too spicy."
"I don't want to eat this."
"I just want my roll."
"YUCKY!"

Garden salad? Forget it. I opted for cut carrots and cucumbers. I mean, COME ON, who wants a salad with - GASP - mushrooms, tomatoes, and SPINACH??

Baked rolls?
Ok, well I guess I didn't mess those up. All in due time though, I'm sure!

Somewhat defeated after last night's experience, (which is not a NEW experience, either, sadly) my kids are getting hot dogs and macaroni until they are old enough to grill salmon on their own. 

Anyone else want some ADULT food? Care to try something NEW?? Then come on over. There are 4 vacant places at the table! ;)

1 comment:

Nguyen-Sul Jayhawks said...

I'll be right over! As soon as the oppressive heat breaks...

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}