Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sometimes, I feel like "that" mom...

You know what I mean? Lately, I feel like I have been the mom who...

forgets to RSVP to a birthday party 
neglects to respond to an email that is specifically requesting responses
despite her best efforts to ensure her kids are appropriately packed for a trip, fails to pack a sleeping bag for them
doesn't feel there are enough hours in the day to create a wonderfully prepared homecooked meal
leaves laundry until the 11th hour and then has kids who are wearing the same thing that they have been wearing all week
forgets the orthodontist appointment was YESTERDAY, not today
tries to juggle a million and one things and neglects to change the baby's diaper
has big plans to complete another DIY project but can't manage to vacuum the house in a timely manner
makes every effort to NOT yell at the kids, but seems to be failing
*****************
No, this isn't a pity party. This is my life right now. :)
Good thing I don't expect perfection of myself or anything.
Better get going...or Ill miss that appointment I forgot about until about an hour ago. 
Anyone else feel like this ever? Anyone? Anyone?




1 comment:

Elisa B said...

I feel like that A LOT!!!!! You are not alone!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}