Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waiting for the email to come...

It's Thursday afternoon, and although it is April 7, it is chilly and rainy and yucky outside. I am sitting here, hot coffee in its mug, (YUMMY) waiting for the email to arrive...the email that opens up my evening and brings a big smile to my face..the email that enables me to SIMPLY go to the gym (sans kids) for an hour and NOT drive to and from soccer three times in three hours. The email with the subject line:

"Kaw Valley Soccer Practice Cancelled Tonight Due To Wet Fields."

This is, I admit, a bit ridiculous of me. Soccer season, has, admittedly, JUST begun. It is way too early in the season for me to be wishing this, but, owell, I still am. 

Because if soccer is cancelled, I can plan dinner better. I can - GASP - make a homemade dinner instead of rushing to get something - anything - into my kids' stomachs between play practice, Keely's practice and Abby's practice. 

If soccer is cancelled, I can chill out and maybe, just maybe, not do anything for an hour or so before I workout. I can v-e-g-e-t-a-t-e and enjoy it. 

I'm still waiting...still waiting...for that email...will it come?? 

I sure wish it would continue to get darker, not lighter, out. The rain has slowed to a trickle. Surely the fields are too wet. Surely they are. 

Right? 
:)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}