Sunday, April 17, 2011

Just your typical Saturday

video

Sometimes, friends without kids ask me what my weekends are like. I tell them, and I think I make them tired. But it's just part of life as we know it. I can't make this stuff up. This video depicts a very typical Saturday morning. It's crazy - C-R-A-Z-Y! But fun. 

This weekend, we had some friends in from out of town. We were getting together to celebrate Chris' birthday. It was a great, relaxing & fun time with them and others who came over to hang out. It's been way too long since we have all been together. 

I wonder, however, how crazy our lives must look to this couple who has one child. He was so calm, so sweet, so well-behaved. Then there are our kids. Loud, rambunctious, crazy, singing about this, yelling about that, running here and swinging there. Hitting this sibling and telling on that sibling. 

They must think we are running an insane asylum. Perhaps not, though. 

I think they had a great time. Our kids weren't that bad...they were just...well, they were our kids. And they are loud and rambunctious and crazy. And if they weren't they wouldn't be our kids. And if they weren't, Chris and I would probably go insane. 

Yes, it was a great weekend that started as shown above. Same as every weekend. And I wouldn't have it any other way!



And P.S. I had to get some cool shots of Keely playing soccer. She loves it! :)


3 comments:

Natalie said...

The pic of you and all the kids in bed is the BEST! That, right there, is enough to make me SO excited for kids :)

Tracey said...

Aw, thanks, Natalie. It really is a special (albeit crazy) time in our lives. :)

Elisa B said...

Sometimes I feel the same way when people come over (our kids are crazy), and I only have two! But, then, you said it perfectly. If they weren't the way they were - they wouldn't be mine ... and life would certainly be too dull around here! Well said!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}