Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Sunday!! This weekend was a BUSY one! The gym where I work had its quarterly "partay," which meant I was up there for a good portion of the weekend. Such a fun time, though. It truly IS empowering to see so many women SOO incredibly excited about their health. Gives me warm fuzzies and makes me proud of what I do as a group fitness instructor. Below is my BodyPump Partner In Crime, Amanda. She rocks and we had a great time!


Well, because I had been gone so much on Saturday and Sunday (kudos to Chris for handling both soccer games), I thought he should get some alone time. So he played golf on Sunday afternoon, and the kids and I went downtown to enjoy a BEEE-autiful spring day in Lawrence. Love this town! 

We had a great time. A quick trip to one store to pick up some birthday presents for dad, then off to the Toy Store. Love this store. Kids playing, the friendliest staff. We had a super fun time, just hanging out and getting a wee bit creative with some costumes! :)

Despite her look, Libby was having a good time. :)

So was I! HA!

Look at that funny little Connor!

So serious, but loving the slide!




When we left the Toy Store, I took the girls to get Easter dresses. I told myself I would NOT try to impose my tastes on them...I would refrain from suggesting the adorable matching dress and headband from the Gap. I would NOT tell them that I would prefer they wear something I would choose for them. I would let them choose. 

I braced myself as I waited to see which dress they would choose. We tried on about 12 each. And the result?


Sparkly - yes. A little too short for my taste - perhaps. But I let them choose, and even though they wouldn't be my first choice, I think they did pretty well! :)

And they were pretty happy. This, of course, made me happy! 
A good, fun day with all of them!



1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a fun day! I love the picture of the four of them...they are adorable :) We have to get outside while we can!!!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}