Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Well, I'm a super tired mom tonight, but I'm afraid I will forget these things if I don't post them, because, well, you know, I forget everything. So I wanted to share with you all the lovely things that sweet li;l' Libby Lu is doing these days. 

Ahh, yes, it is time to keep mommy ON.HER.TOES with this little one. She is into everything. Everything. EVERYTHING. Did I make myself clear?

So, in no particular order, here goes:
1. Let Libby feed herself, no matter what, or you will hear the most blood curdling scream imaginable. 
2. She seems to like to get herself caught in some super tight places - you know, normal places, like the toilet (guess I better call my housecleaner to clean that sucker more often); the staircase spindles (would home insurance cover new spindles like my father in law has - which I LLLOOVVEEE - if we proved that our current ones were unsafe?); the closet (because she follows me in and out and in and out and in and out of the closet at least 100 times a day); and the shower (because who DOESN'T love sitting on a wet shower floor that, again, probably needs some serious attention from our housecleaner?)
3. She now knows how to take off her diaper and finds it humorous to pee on the floor. 
4. She runs too fast. It is scary.
5. She believes she has mastered the stairs. Her dad said she had mastered the stairs. So the gates came down. Then she tried going down the stairs head first. So the gates went right back up. 
6. She says "mama, dada, bye, baby, Abby, AbbU (which is I guess what she has chosen to call Keely and Connor, much to their dismay), night night, thank you (well, WE know it's thank you because she says it when we give her something, but no, no one else would be able to decipher it)
7. She loves dogs. Of course. ALL of my kids love dogs. I've bordered on caving in - many times - but CHRIS is the bad guy. He says NO!
8. She lights up when she sees her brother and sister (even though her brother, on a regular basis, throws things at her, simply to see if she "can catch yet." Inevitably, she is hit in the face. A lot.)
9. Why, oh why, is her favorite thing to do in the bath to STAND UP?? Doesn't she realize after the 4th, 5th, 10th time, that she ALWAYS slips? 
10. What else? Oh hell, all I can think of is that she is growing TOOOOO DARN fast! I want to stop time with her. Hold her close. Love on her. Nestle into bed with her and never let her get bigger. I guess that's a wee bit out of my control, so I'll take what I can get. And tonight, she was all about MOMMY and THAT was heaven. 

6 months, I believe

HA! 9 months!

13 months!
:) 

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}