Thursday, December 30, 2010

This year, I...

have marveled, once again, at how one little baby can grow so much in such a short period of time...
have enjoyed watching soccer, and volleyball, and basketball, even though at times it seemed to be a bit much...when I never see Chris...and I think I have schedules correct but then I take Abby to practice when Keely should be there and then forget when and where the games are...or the matches...or the tournaments...
didn't have nearly as many dates with my husband as I should have...why does that always happen?
have thoroughly enjoyed not waking at 4:08am every morning, Monday through Friday...whoop whoop!!
got a sweet and comfy new ADULT basement, free of toys, which Chris and I claim as ours on Sat and Sun mornings...
realized that sometimes I need to make more of an effort to stay in touch with the true friends who mean so much...
also realized that some people, no matter how hard I try, will not value their friendship with me as much as I value my friendship with them. AND THAT IS OK...
have truly enjoyed running a race a month in my quest for 12, but I will be very, very happy when I complete my 12 months with my second half marathon in April...and remind me never to post something that forces me to commit to this much running - every month - ever again, please!
ran my first 1/2 marathon...6 months after having my FOURTH baby...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
have taken more time for myself at the gym and have seen great results from doing so...
have rediscovered my LOVE of reading...if I'm without a book, I truly feel naked. :)
have thoroughly enjoyed my book club and all of the beautiful women in it and the away-from-baby time it affords me...
have tried to worry less about doing everything "perfectly" and have enjoyed the more relaxed person I am {trying} to become...
have learned that my faith and the wonderful women I have met because of it make such a difference in my life...
have relished having someone ELSE clean my house...CAN I GET AN "AMEN?"
have been challenged by sweet Connor (he's just teaching me a thing or two)...
have been amused by Abby's never-ending song-and-dance routines...
have worried about Keely's ultra-sensitive side...
have cried at the thought of little Libby growing up w-a-y t-o-o f-a-s-t...
have desired to have another baby...it's true...(but have quickly removed that thought from my mind for fear of driving Chris and myself criminally insane...but really, if we have 4, what's one more?) :)
have really wondered about moving across the country...say to Wyoming or somewhere...just to try something different...
learned that the trips to Starbucks for Treat Day are almost long gone {{sigh}} because Connor has better things to do than sit and watch his mom drink COFFEE at 4pm, for heaven sakes! (To which I ask, is there ever a WRONG time for good coffee?)
have repeatedly cursed the darn Wii for all of the fights it has caused between my kids and yet, have also thanked God for it more times than I care to admit...I mean, who needs Sesame Street when you can watch a fictional character bash mushrooms, shoot plants and kill Bowsers?
have learned that making gingerbread houses requires much, much more patience than I possess...
finally admitted that I detest selling Girl Scout cookies...if that makes me a bad mommy, so be it...
have thoroughly enjoyed all of my runs with my girlies...even though [at least one of] my daughters curses me when the temperature dips below 50 degrees... :)
(again) mastered the art of learning the difference between the "I'm just mad you won't let me play in the toilet" cry, the "I am so tired I could fall asleep in a pile of poop" cry, the "my brother (once again) pushed me down and it hurt like he**" cry and the terrifying "oh my GOD, I can't breathe I need you so much" cry...(thankfully, we haven't heard that many of the last one this year)...


I'm sure there is more, but suffice it to say, I have had a great and blessed year. 
Happy New Year 2011 to all!!! :)







1 comment:

The Hodges said...

I really enjoyed this post. I enjoy reading your blog - feels like I'm keeping up w/ you guys. Hey, you should move to California - we need friends to hang out with! :)

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}