Thursday, November 25, 2010

A tribute to a trooper...



Today, was, at its lowest point in the day, about 16 degrees. When Keely and I began our race - the Corpus Christi 5K Pilgrimage - it was about 19 degrees. But did that stop Keely? Nope. Did the wind in her face? Nope. Did the thought of staying home with her sisters and brother even cross her mind? Well, maybe, but if it did, she didn't show it. 

Kudos, once again, to Keely, who participated in the 3rd race in my quest for 12 in 12 months. She has now participated in two 5ks and one relay race. It was so super cold, but she was so awesome. She never ceases to amaze me. She scooted (on her scooter) and I ran. And occasionally, she ran too, as I held her scooter (typically on the hills). 

We had a great time. I only hope she knows how much it meant to me that she ran with me. In this big quest to complete these races, I have done  a 1/2, 10ks, 5ks and relays. All of which have been fine. But today - today was FUN! Not a huge crowd (and who can blame people? After all, it was soooo coooold!!!) but still, a fun crowd just out to have a good time. 

Thank you, Keely, for starting Thanksgiving Day 2010 off so fun!!! I'm one proud mama!

4 comments:

Maddie Kilmer said...

Keely rocks! What special memories you are making with her:)

Maddie Kilmer said...

Keely rocks! What special memories you are making with her:)

Elisa B said...

Yay for you and Keely - I love stories of those times shared my you and your girls!

maura said...

i'm getting caught up on my email today and saw your post - how cool! i didn't even know you two did that the other day! sounds like she loves doing these races with you. i have no doubt she treasures the time with you - regardless of the temperature! great pics, too :)

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}