Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks...

As I type this, two pumpkin pies are in the oven, (so the house smells awesome), Christmas music is playing, (so the house SOUNDS awesome), Libby is soundly sleeping (again, so the house SOUNDS awesome), and I hear Chris and the kids playing a game together in the game room (so the giggles I hear are pretty darn awesome too). I plan to accompany them momentarily, but wanted to take a moment to reflect - yes, sit still (which is hard for me), and reflect on how blessed I am for so many things. 

I also want to take a moment to say a prayer of thanks for someone who may never read this post. This certain someone makes me smile. He makes my kids smile. He has a heart of gold. He would give his life for his family or friends - without hesitation. He is, by far, one of the most important persons in my life. And right now, he needs to know how much he means to me - and to so many other people. He needs to know that our lives wouldn't be the same without him in it. He needs to know, in his heart, that he brings so much to the people with whom he comes in contact. He needs to know that we are here for him, no matter what, no matter when, no matter how. 

I hope he knows...but if he doesn't, I sure hope he stumbles upon this darn blog I keep gabbing on...because I want him to know...and I want HIM to smile tonight, on this eve of Thanksgiving. 

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my prayer of thanks...for my family, my friends, my health, my dear husband, my beautiful kids and everything the Lord has blessed me with. 

Happy Thanksgiving...now, off to kick some BOOTY in a competitive game with the kids!


1 comment:

maura said...

wonderful post, Tracey. I couldn't have said it any better. I too hope this certain someone knows this... and possibly reads it.

Wishing you & Chris and the kiddos a Happy Thanksgiving :) xo

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}