Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A flooded mess no more!!!

I'm just itching to start (and complete) some kind of home project. Something thrifty, but nice. Something that will WOW me - but I'm not sure what. I find I'm searching the house for ideas, searching blogs for other ideas...surely there are items in this house that can be repurposed for something bigger and better...

Oh yes, I'm on a roll...but for now, I'll simply post some somewhat-before and after photos of the basement. Super excited about this room now...the places we could go...

Shh, I have to keep this on the down-low. Chris gets nervous when I start talking like this. He usually comes home and something is redone - the paint, the furniture - something...I try to keep expenses down or else Ill be broke AND divorced... HA! :)

Until later...here is what we have so far...

The problem that started it all...oh yes, the basement flooded...just enough to make us question...do we REALLY want carpet down here?

Once the decision was made to replace the carpet, we had to do away with the pink and green walls...and the fingerprints...and the marker...


Rather messy in this one, and quite dull if I may say so myself. Too bad I can't get Candice Olson over here.

Another "before" shot - yuck.

As some of you may know, I didn't think Chris would get the room painted while I was out of town and he was home with the kids, but apparently, I AM married to superman and he got it done! (With more than a day to spare, mind you)...


And yes, I watch way too much HGTV!!!



 I can't wait to finish the room. Super happy with the way it all turned out...will post more photos as we get things done...

2 comments:

Megan Sheldon said...

looks great so far!!!

Bonney said...

Looks great! And I love Candice Olson. She is amazing!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}