Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tonight was a good night.

Tonight, after volleyball practice, I offered to take the kids out to eat, and because we were carpooling, I took Abby's friend with us. 

That's 5 kids and 1 adult. The odds were not in my favor. What's more - we were going to what the girls call "a real restaurant." Not someplace like McDs or Cici's (yuck).

Truth be told, I wasn't worried about any of the girls. Just the boy. 

But, wow, was he a trooper! So good the entire time. He played with his sisters, colored and ate his meal without incident. 

In fact, I do believe my kids were the best behaved in the restaurant!

Some may say I was brave to take all of them out without Chris, but they are kids, not animals. I had faith that Abby and Keely would be great, as usual when we go out to eat. And Libby, well, give Libby a saltine, a bottle and some fruit and she is happy as a clam. 

But Connor, ladies and gentlemen, made me one proud mom. He really was great. So kudos to him. He made dinner fun - and I told him that because he was so good, he can choose the place next time. 

:) That made him happy.
His choices? McDonalds (ew) or Cici's (double ew).
Maybe I can bribe him with something else instead. ;)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}