Tuesday, October 26, 2010

There are no words.

Somewhere close by, a woman I do not know is about to lose her baby. Her sweet, beautiful 6-month old daughter has been fighting cancer since birth and is, according to this woman, nearing the end of her journey. 

I do not know this woman or her husband. I have never met them or their little girl. I simply know of them through friends. I cannot imagine this couple's pain and heartache, and my heart breaks for them. 

I am at a loss for words - I do not know what to say, how to feel, what to do. I cannot imagine losing one of my kids. After reading about this child's recent suffering, I, of course, had to spend some time with Libby, who, while sleeping soundly, still allowed me to pick her up and hold her. How I cherish those moments, and yet, do not make them happen often enough. With Abby, Keely, Connor or Libby.

I do not think I would have the strength to get through what this couple has endured.

All I can think to do is pray:
Dear God, I am at a loss for words. I so wish You could take this couple's pain away, take this child's pain away. I do not understand. But I suppose it is not for me to understand. Bless and keep this little girl in Your care. I do believe she is entering Your kingdom and will, therefore, be free of pain and suffering. 

Hold tight to her parents, her family, who has showered her with love, laughter and joy. Give them the strength to overcome this tragedy, knowing that their daughter will forever be by Your side.

Give to them a sense of Your peace. Help them to depend on one another through this terribly difficult time. Let them find comfort in each other and in You. And please, bless this sweet little girl and take her away from all of this pain. In Your Name. Amen.

**Please pray for this family.**

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}