Saturday, October 9, 2010

I think labor was more fun...

Well, there is the good, the bad, and, well, the very, very ugly.
Today, it was all bad and ugly. :)

I say this with humor in my words, truly. So be it. But because this blog is something that I print every year (it becomes the family scrapbook, of sorts), I'm sharing it all. 
All 6 miles of it.

I'll keep it short and sweet:
1. If you havent been able to run as much as you like, don't think that JUST because you did a good 10K months ago that you will do another today.
2. If you feel sick to your stomach the day before and the hours before any given race, it MAY be a good idea to RETHINK the idea of running, especially if #1 speaks to your situation. Otherwise, some poor plant is gonna get some gross fertilization that comes by way of vomit. Yum.
3. If #1 and #2 hold true, be sure to LISTEN to your foot if it begins to scream at you to stop whatever the hell you are doing.  Especially if you can recall the time years ago when you were wearing a therapeutic boot because of an injury.
4. What the heck was up with all those damn hills? ;)

And so was my run today.  C'est la vie, right?
But SO WHAT? So my time was bad. So I was wishing I was in labor instead. #7 is done! (Or, as a friend of mine said to me today, UGLY #7 is DONE!) 

And THAT, my friends, is something to write home about! :)

**Super KUDOS to Pete, who rocked it and did AWESOME in his first 10K!!**




No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}