Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A fun day of painting and Halloween crafts...

 Tonight seemed the perfect time to pull out the good ol' Halloween paints and crafts and embark upon a fun, festive night of Halloween fun!

I am happy to report that we had no repeat of last year's mishaps...no cursing at so-called "easy-to-create" haunted houses (yeah, right...easy to create my a$$)...no yelling at the kids because they didn't make it "just so..." (or rather, just how their MOTHER wanted it made). 

NO, this year, I took a moment to reflect on last year's Halloween craft making time and learned a lesson - NOT to do it again!** Granted, last year, I had a three-week old, and perhaps, maybe, it's POSSIBLE, that my hormones were a little outta whack, maybe. But this year, Libby was in bed, and the three of us went to town on the painting. Abby missed out - that's what happens when you are a big 5th grader who has volleyball...but we'll do something with her later.  In any case, here are some fun shots of the kids. :)

 Oops - how did that BEER get in the photo? I haven't a CLUE!!!!!! But yum, Free State Ad Astra...heavenly! ;)
 Keely and her masterpiece mask (and who made those super cute jack o'lanterns? Oh yeah - me!) I know, I know, I'm so super creative, huh?:)
 Hey - there they are again. Yeah, I like 'em! (Keely is pretty cute too!)
 BOO! Connor was working hard on his tombstone too. He did great!


All in all, a fun day! Oh yes, and did I mention that I painted our laundry closet today too? Oh yeah, I love it. I really am a before-and-after girl - but I forgot to take the before shots, so you only get the afters. I know, I know...you are crushed!

Hey look hon! Our laundry closet isn't an EYESORE anymore! And guess what? It cost us nothing. Nada. Zilch. That made Chris super, super, super (did I say super?) happy! I used paint we already had and re-purposed the baskets. The vase of flowers came from an idea I got from a home decorating blog I read, I admit. I'm a freak and I read them - often! But hey, wow, I'm not embarrassed to open the laundry closet anymore!

And it took only ONE hour! NICE!!!!!

A fun day of painting and Halloween crafts = one happy mom and two happy kids. 
 Two thumbs up!

**To read more about Halloween crafts 2009, feel free to look back at the entry I wrote. Oh yeah, it was UGLY with a capital U!

WOW - Looks like all that painting tuckered poor little Connor out. This was taken about 4.5 minutes after I put in a movie that he chose. 

Night, night, Connor!


 

1 comment:

Elisa B said...

Now THAT sounds like a winner of a day ... anytime that in between life I get something accomplished in the house AND have a great time with the kids - well, those days are treasured! Good Work!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}