A series of random thoughts...
1. My 4-year-old challenges me more lately than all four of my kids combined.
2. I think I spend three to four hours in the car taking kids to and from school, volleyball, scouts and wherever else they want or need to go.
3. I prefer baking to cooking and would give up dinner for dessert in a heartbeat if it wouldn't be the death of me.
4. Dinner is not nearly as fun to make on the nights I know Chris won't be home.
5. I am not a happy mom when I do not exercise as much as I would like.
6. I miss teaching cardio classes.
7. Lately, I have felt more self-doubt about myself than I have in a long time and I'm not sure why.
8. I think, however, that #7 is absolutely tied to #5 in many, many ways.
9. Chris is a very patient man.
10. I love being an active school mom, even though it usually brings me back to #2.
11. Having a cleaning service is like gold to me. I cannot believe I waited so long to get help.
12. I loathe the fact that laundry never, ever goes away. Can the cleaning help do laundry? Now there's a thought!
13. I do not like to cry about certain things in front of many people, but am so looking forward to spending a GNO with some dear friends tomorrow night. They may get an earful. But, they too, are like gold.
14. I would love a night away with Chris. Just one.
15. When the hell is fall going to arrive, anyway?
16. I pray for more patience in dealing with #1. I think I nag and yell more than I would like and I know it's more than he would like.
17. I wish I had more creativity flowing through me right now to write some eloquent post, but I simply don't - so it's bare bones tonight.
18. I love that I read all the time now. Reading makes me happy.
19. Halloween decorations are going up this weekend - I can't wait to see Abby's face - she's gonna love what I got for the house! :)
20. I'm running my September race this weekend - and I think the girls are running it with me. We will see how they do, but I'm just proud to be out there with them, so I don't care if we come in dead last. Keely is excited. Abby told me she can't even run a mile. :) This could be interesting.
21. I wish I took more time to focus on my good qualities instead of lingering on the not-so-good. Human nature, I suppose.
22. I love writing, in any way, shape or form, and this blog is my outlet on so many different occasions.
23. I wish I spent more time with two people who mean a whole lot to me - my sister and dear friend, Michelle.
24. Ni Hao, Kai Lan is still on the television, even though all the kids are in bed, and it makes me smile.
25. If you are still reading these random thoughts, you are entirely, entirely too kind.