Wednesday, September 29, 2010

If you had all the time in the world...what would you do?

I was asked this question tonight by Keely. I have thought about this question many times before - what WOULD I do if time weren't an issue and I didn't work at all and, well, I didn't have to mother four kids, didn't have to carpool, volunteer, coach, cook, clean, bathe, clothe, comfort, (did I mention clean?), tutor, etc. etc. etc.


Asking me this is about as fun as giving me the chance to register for my wedding or my baby. It's about as fun as giving me the chance to play around with money and let me place anything I want in the online shopping cart (because I don't shop in person). And I mean that in the nicest way - I think doing those things is FUN! So I pondered the question...here are just a few things I would love to do. In no particular order:

1. Run my own magazine (Ok, well this is #1 - I have always wanted to do this). I'd want to write, edit, design, the whole bit. Can we say HEAVENLY??
2. Open a bed and breakfast. With Chris. In the country. Believe it or not, we HAVE discussed this. Some day perhaps.
3. Freelance design for a living - just tell me the event you have, and let me go to down planning it and designing a unique invitation, banner, fun favors, etc. I have had the privilege of designing some of my family's and friend's wedding programs, invitations, baby shower invites, etc. Love doing this!
4. Become a professional photographer.
5. Have my own HGTV design show. This may rank up there with numbers 1 and 2. Ok, so maybe these are in order. :)
6. Serve as a professional literary critic. Oh yeah, pay me to read and then write about it. Again, heavenly!!!
7. Become a pastry chef. Good lord, that would completely negate any exercise I do. Not a good thing for my waistline!
 
Such fun to think about. 
Thankfully, I'm a blessed woman who is able to tap into a few of these desires here and there. Granted, no one is in line to hand over Real Simple to me, but hey, I can dream. 

In the meantime, I'll keep blogging regardless of whether I have readers or not! (And I so appreciate all you readers!!) :)

And I will close with posing the same question to you - if you had all the time in the world, what would YOU do? I'd love to hear all about it. 

Time to put the sleeping Connor to sleep. Mommy-hood calls, and, if I do say so myself, is by far more rewarding than numbers 1-7 combined. :)
I'm right where I'm supposed to be - so aren't I lucky?

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}