Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Addendum to the mommy-hood thing being better than 1-7 combined...

Took the kids out to eat tonight.
Chris is out of town, so why cook, right?
I debated. After all, Connor was with us. 
Poor kid. I promise I love him. I am simply c-h-a-l-l-e-n-g-e-d by him. 
Went to Smashburger, a local burger place. 
He took 4 minutes deciding what he wants.
No exaggeration - I watched the clock and that's a LOT of time in line when others are behind us.
He decided on chicken strips. Lemonade. Fries.
He bounced all over the booths. 
He didn't WANT any fries when they came.
He wanted WATER - not lemonade!
And the chicken strips were too hot and they didn't come with the RANCH dressing he likes.


I'm so glad I opted to go to dinner with the kids tonight. 
So very, very glad!

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}