Friday, August 13, 2010

well...I did it...I started "the talk..."

It all started with a discussion about changes in our bodies...the need for personal hygiene, deodorant, people keeping themselves clean and healthy...and then proceeded into unchartered waters at which time we discussed...THE CHANGE. 

I wish I had something insightful and/or interesting to share. I mean, I was good 'n' ready for a darn good story to share, but alas...Abby had just one, simple question at the close of our conversation...it truly led me to believe I have some more time before I have to REALLY go down the unchartered road about how babies are made...

ONE
SIMPLE
VERY 
IMPORTANT 
QUESTION:

"Mom...can I have a laptop?"

And on that note, our conversation ended. :) 
Whew, I just bought myself some more time. Thank God. I was getting nervous.
But Abby still believes in Santa, truthfully, so I think Im safe for awhile.

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}