Saturday, July 3, 2010

"I'm so excited that we have nothing going on this weekend..."

Although the above statement is not one you will hear coming from me all too often, there are those rare occasions where Chris and I really don't have anything to do on a given weekend.

That is, unless you ask my mom or anyone else who knows how my mind - and our lives - work.

This morning, I called mom to invite her to the pool later with the kids. Fun times, relaxing. I told her that we really didnt have anything going on today and that it was a good feeling.

"This is our day planned. I have to get to the gym or go running. Then I come home so Chris can go to Home Depot. Then he comes home and we pick up the girls' friends for a play date at home. Then I take them to the pool while Chris works in the yard and Libby sleeps. Then, once kids have been taken home and I am back from the pool, Chris heads to the golf course. Somewhere in there is lunch and dinner, and then we plan to head downtown for the bike race."

See? Nothing to do today! :) I guess it's all relative. Personally, I think that sounds like a pretty open day. :) Truth be told, I'm just happy my household didn't wake till 8am. That in and of itself was a treat!

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}