Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The muddiest girl around...

The girls and I are competing in a race this weekend, a race complete with biking, running and MUD - lots and lots of MUD. I cant wait. Keely can't wait. 

Abby - well, Abby is concerned she will get dirty. 

This is the same girl who went creek walking for a week at Girl Scout camp. The same girl who crawled in the lake a few weeks back and trudged through mud to get to the lake. Didn't think twice. 

But this race, this race means W-O-R-K. It means getting T-I-R-E-D. It means getting S-W-E-A-T-Y and M-U-D-D-Y and she isn't looking forward to it. 

Which means, as you may have guessed, that yours truly is gonna make darn sure she is the MUDDIEST OF ALL OF US! We're talking face down, mud in the underwear kindof muddy. 

I can't wait. And despite what she claims, she is going to have fun and I personally hope this is the first of many races with them!!! :) 

I love my girls - this is gonna be great!! 
Even if I have to wake them before 6am to get to the race.
(I haven't dropped that bomb on them yet!)
I know how to pick my battles! 

1 comment:

Elisa B said...

I can't wait to hear how much you guys are all going to have! I want a good detailed re-telling from you and Sara ... good luck on Saturday!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}