Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6:48pm at the English household

I am sitting here listening to Abby try her best to imitate an Italian chef while helping her dad clean the kitchen after dinner. 
I am trying to ignore Connor as he climbs the back door - yes, the back door - and secretly hoping it breaks so we can get those French doors we have been eyeing for years. :)
I am watching Libby smile as her sister, Kee, gives her more of her favorite food at the moment - the Gerber stars that melt in  her mouth as soon as they reach it. 
Im laughing as Connor makes "a little tiny house" out of pillows on the chair. 

The house is messy. This annoys me. 
The laundry has, once again, gotten out of control. How do three kids MAKE that much dirty laundry?
The weather is SOOOO not cooperating and I REALLY, REALLY want to run tonight. I'm getting antsy because I need a good run.
The kids need baths. 
The bills need to be paid. 
The baby will need a bottle soon.
And yet, despite all of those things, I am happy. 
All is well. 

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

7:00pm in the English household
Moment over. Time to get back to life as we know it. It's getting crazy over here. 
It was nice while it lasted!! :)



2 comments:

Claudine said...

I laughed so hard when I read this post! Thanks for reminding me that I'm not alone in my quest to maintain a house AND parent simultaneously.

Katie said...

Which one of your kids doesn't produce laundry?

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}