Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You can't make this stuff up...

"Hey guys - let's turn the hose on and place a bucket on our heads and have each other spray water at our faces!"
  

"Better yet - let's clean up the GUTTERS! That sounds like a ton of fun!"




It's better than the alternative, which is Connor asking me - EVERY. FIVE. MINUTES - what he can do. 

"I'm bored. What can I do? Those tootsie rolls sure were good. Too bad I can't have another one. What are you doing, mom? Will you play with me? The girls aren't being nice. I wish I could play the Wii. I don't want to play in the water. Can I play in the water? I'm hungry. I want a tootsie roll. They sure were good. What is for dinner?"

I could go on, but you catch my drift. Day 2 of summer vacation. This could be a very long summer break. And if I keep letting the kids play in the hose, it's gonna be a pretty expensive one too. 

:) 

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}