Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who would have thought it?


These itty, bitty photos are from my recent 1/2 marathon that I completed on the day Libby turned 7 months old. I had trained as much as I could for about 2.5 months, running three times/week with one of those runs being a long run (which, in the end, was 10 miles). 

This was a huge accomplishment for me, I have to admit. I found that I enjoyed the challenge and crossing the finish line. So much so, in fact, that I've signed up for a 10K on May 8 here in town. 

Chris thinks I'm insane. Maybe I am. But for the time being, I'm enjoying the change, the challenge and the feeling that comes from doing something that for a very long time I had told myself I could not do. And as a 36-year old mom to four, one of whom is still pretty teeny, I think that's pretty damn cool!

  

Of course, I couldn't have done it without love from these little people...and my awesome husband, Chris, who supported me 100% and gave me the boost of confidence I needed to accomplish this goal!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ROCK!
~Amy

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}