Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things I do not understand...

1. How a 4-year-old can throw up in the middle of the night all over his bed, and yet, neither Chris nor I had any idea. No signs on his PJs this morning, no complaints of an upset stomach, nothing. How can he not come down and tell us? 

All I can say to that one is ew.

2. How a 10-year-old who started homework before dinner - WELL before dinner - is still not done with her homework at 9pm. There wasnt even a lot of homework. Yet, she didnt know her vocab., was annoyed when I quizzed her, and acted as if I had done something wrong.  When I came home from teaching class tonight, she was playing hide and seek.

All I can say to that one is hmmmm.
(I know I NEVER gave MY parents such attitude!) ;)

I think I'll stop now. I could go on and on, but where's the fun in that? 
I think I'll just call it a day. 

1 comment:

maura said...

1. yes. EW!
2. no doubt! i seem to remember having to do our homework in our rooms and not being allowed to come out 'til it was done. hide and seek? hmmmm...

;)

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}